Thread: Testosterone Treatment And Possible Fertility Question.

Testosterone Treatment And Possible Fertility Question.

Okay, I am sorry if this has been posted, or asked, but I wanted to ask in particular to my case, and see if I can get any input.

I am a 27 year old male, I was not sexually active until I was 23, this is when I first started noticing impotence and lack of a libido (though during masturbation, being partially limp never occurred to me that it could of been a problem) , I went to the Dr and found out I had Low T, I had a free count of like 150 and my FSH and LH levels were abnormally low, and was soon started on TRT injections of like 0.75CC every two weeks, I never had any other side effects from what I could gather from the Low T except low to no libido and impotence, I couldn't keep an erection for even two minutes, first starting on this TRT I noticed a change in everything, and was happy, I broke up with then gf and stopped TRT for about a year.

Well I got together with my new gf four years ago, and started back on TRT about two years ago, we got it to 1.25CC of Testosterone Cypionate Injection USP every two weeks, I don't know how many mL/mG 1.25CC is, but going through a years worth of testing starting at 0.50CC/0.75CC/1.00CC and now 1.25CC we have found that 1.25CC every two weeks seems to work for me, my T levels are anywhere between 600-800 3-4 days before next injection is due, and my libido and erections are strong, my testes don't seem irregularly too small, and I have noticed if I do miss the injection deadline, that my libido and erections can stay strong for up to another 2 weeks, I've had to skip a few so I can keep on a schedule, so i've gone 4 weeks before without an injection to get back on track.

This seems to be working rather well for me, i'm happy, healthy and sexually active with the gf of 4 years, but things are soon going to be getting serious, and I have read so much about TRT causing infertility until off of it for like 6 months, has anyone here ever been on TRT with success with a child? I want to be able to have a good sex life while trying to conceive, not having to fight through no sex drive and horrible erections, I have never had my sperm level tested so I don't even know if I have a low count.

But I do know I don't have extremely small testicles, and prior to the TRT, it was needed with such a low level of 150, with horrible FSH and LH levels. I think the Low T stems from a rare brain disorder I have, I was late into puberty, and I think it ties in with the brain disorder I have called Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum, I am missing the entire Corpus Callosum tha tconnects my left and right hemispheres of my brain.

I have talked with my endocrinologist about the possibility of infertility with injections and he says that I can go off of TRT and start something to produce sperm when I want to have kids, but that would totally eliminate the two things i'd kind of need to start a family, a strong libido, and an erect penis...I am just worried, because I really want kinds within the next 2 years, and don't want to have to stop TRT.

Any thoughts and input is welcome, I'd especially like to know if anyone on here has had success in having kids while on required TRT, because like I said, I had a free count of 150....and at 23 I should of had at least 700+.

People have children on TRT all the time. Bodybuilders, and they use massive amounts of testosterone, also have children all the time.

It is true, testosterone can reduce your level of fertility but not to the extent as once thought. Decades ago it was thought that testosterone might be a good male birth control, but after numerous men continued to have children this was proven false.

Advice, consider HCG. HCG can help protect your fertility when using testosterone. Many men find their potency to be even stronger when on HCG. HCG and testosterone can be used together and HCG generally helps TRT in other ways.

An important note - low testosterone has been linked to impotency.