Quote Originally Posted by SupportSeeker View Post
Thanks Justin. It was very helpful.

We've been to the appointment. The doctor was more helpful than I thought she would be. She gave him a full look over and informed us of a few things I could be though I cant say we understood 100%. He had a blood test today to check everything, as his overall T came back as normal at the GP. One thing she did point out that his blood pressure is on the lower side of normal and suggested we look into it being something to do with his Pituitary gland. But luckily she agreed that something is indeed wrong. It will take three week to gain back the results and have another appointment to discuss a plan of action. Best news we've had all year.

One thing that does worry us is that she recommended to freeze his sperm as he may become infertile..
The term "normal testosterone" is not one I've ever really cared for as "normal" can be relative to the individual. Also, "normal" does not necessarily mean good or optimal. For example, most lab ranges will call 350 ng/dl - 1100 ng/dl normal, but that is a massive range. There's a better than good chance a man at 350 ng/dl will feel very different than a man at say 800 ng/dl, more than likely it will be night and day. It's also important to remember what is optimal for one man may not be for another. One man may feel great around 600 while another may need to be closer to 1000 to be optimal. Then you have to consider that some doctors will call anything over 200 ng/dl "normal" and that is really pushing it...would be hard for any man to feel right at that level.

As far as his pituitary, it would definitely be worth checking the LH and FSH production, both produced by the pituitary. If these are low there is a testosterone problem, although it's pituitary related and not testicular it's still leading to the same problem. Also worth checking thyroid and TSH levels.

If he does need TRT, freezing sperm is an option, but if he knows he wants to have children one day the easiest thing to do is to include HCG in his TRT program as this will generally protect fertility. Once he decides to have kids, he may or may not want to take clomid as this will make him more fertile.