Thread: Question on doctors/when to use lowt.com

Question on doctors/when to use lowt.com

I'm a 30yr old and just got a test result back from my GP that said total T was around 250ng/dl - none of the other standard stuff was tested (LH, FSH, free T, etc...). I've had symptoms of low T for a long time (brain fog, low energy, low libido).

I'm trying to figure out what the next step is. From reading other people's accounts, it seems like the next step would be to find a urologist/endo and have things checked out further. However I've also read quite a few accounts of people having clueless endos or urologists who say that values are within lab ranges, and so everything is normal, and it would be nice to avoid wasting time. My question is, is actually signing up for lowtestosterone.com mainly for people that have been through the other doctors already and made sure that theres no other underlying cause (thyroid, pituitary tumor, etc)? Would you generally advise to follow that path (go to a urologist/endo first for standard checks, etc) before looking at your service?

I understand what you're saying, dealing with many endos and urologist can be frustrating, but so can dealing with many other types of doctors. I'd be willing to bet you $100 the majority of endos and urologist would not check your LH, would not check your free levels and would not monitor your E2 during treatment. It's not that they're bad people, it's just that many physicians are clueless when it comes to TRT.

Your direct situation - it's highly unlikely that you have a pituitary tumor with a total reading of 250 ng/dl - a prolactinoma will almost always result in testosterone levels well below 100 ng/dl, most often below 50 ng/dl. Could you have thyroid issues? I have no idea, but lowtestosterone.com can have that checked for you as well. Thyroid testing is around $50. There are a whole host of things offered beyond the standard testosterone checkup.