Thread: Lab Results...What do you think?

Hybrid View

Lab Results...What do you think?

I recently had some labs done on my own dime, to see if I was a candidate for TRT/HRT. I'm 59 yrs old, 6' 1", 220lbs, was very athletic in my younger years, but have slowed down in my 50's and put on the standard adipose fat around the waistline. I have all the classic symptoms of Low-T, and can't seem to shed the fat through normal working out. Here are some of the lab results:

Total Testosterone 526.7 ng/dL
    Free Testosterone 12.9 pg/mL
    LH 5.8 mIU/mL
    FSH 9.1 mIU/mL
    SHBG 29.6 nmol/L
    DHEA-Sulfate 109.1 ug/dL
    DHT 34.0 ng/dL
    Cortisol 8.4 ug/dL
    Prolactin 7.7 ng/dL
    Estradiol (Sensitive) 19.4 pg/mL
    IGF-1 143 ng/mL
    T3 (Free) 3.5 pg/mL
    T4 (Free) 1.12 ng/dL
    TSH 2.72 uIu/mL
    AST 22 IU/L
    ALT 33 IU/L
    Bilirubin (Total) 0.7 mg/dL
    Total Cholesterol 220 mg/dL
    Triglycerides 109 mg/dL
    HDL 58 mg/dL
    LDL 140 mg/dL
    VLDL 22 mg/dL
    Hematocrit 43.5 %

and, last but not least...

PSA 1.1 ng/mL

I know for a fact if my Primary Care Physician saw these results he would say, "everything is totally normal, except we need to get your Total Cholesterol and LDLs down. Here, take this statin."

My response would be along the lines of: "yeah Doc, but I feel crappy...no energy, low sex drive, (add laundry list of Low-T symptoms here)."

Doc's response: "That's just normal aging...you're no spring chicken anymore, you know."

Any feedback from the braintrust here at Low-T.com? I need some input.

That Total T number looks pretty good to me. Sorry im no help on the other numbers, I'm no expert.

I was feeling pretty good when my TT was in the 500 range, but we're all built differently and that could be low for you. What did they say about the Estridiol numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster1 View Post
    That Total T number looks pretty good to me. Sorry im no help on the other numbers, I'm no expert.

I was feeling pretty good when my TT was in the 500 range, but we're all built differently and that could be low for you. What did they say about the Estridiol numbers?
    Nobody has said anything about my numbers yet, because I haven't shown them to anyone, except here.

With my limited knowledge and research I've done over the past couple of months, I think my Total Test could definitely be improved, and my Free Test is kind of low. From what I've read, my DHEA-S also looks low, but I'd like to hear Justin's comments. Also, my IGF-1 level looks pretty far from optimal.